- January 8th
- February 12th
- March 19th
- Location: Meredith College, Ledford Hall, Room 101 (Ledford Auditorium)
- Who: LWV-Wake Members only
- Cost: Free + cost of reading packet
- RSVP: To sign up for this seminar series, please contact Lindsey Rojas at email@example.com.
We are thrilled to offer our seminar series "Issues Critical for the Future of North Carolina", a collaboration between the League of Women Voters of Wake County and David McLennan, Professor of Political Science at Meredith College. The purpose of the course is to examine the benefits and challenges of development and population growth in North Carolina, to develop concrete action plans, and to establish a set of talking points that can guide League members when they interact with fellow citizens and elected officials. We also hope to build community within the League and to help members become more involved in their communities.
- In the first class session Professor McLennan and a guest speaker will provide an overview of the topic.
- The second class will be organized like a seminar, facilitated by Dr. McLennan. Course participants, working in small groups, will draw on what they learned from the first class and from assigned readings to discuss an important issue or case study.
- The third class will begin with a panel discussion in which guest speakers address the questions and concerns raised during the second class, and will conclude with a general discussion. The names of the panelists will be announced later the winter.
A reader will be compiled and will be available for purchase at least one week before the start of the session. Details about cost and pick-up locations will be emailed to course participants.
Registration and Attendance
This course is open only to members of the League of Women Voters of Wake County. Those who attended the seminar series in 2017-2018 are welcome to register for the new series. The course is free, but those who wish to participate have to register in advance. Attending all classes is not required, but participants should bear in mind that they will get a great deal more out of the session if they attend all three classes.
To sign up for this course, please contact Lindsey Rojas at firstname.lastname@example.org.