What Members Do
The League of Women Voters of Wake County is an all-volunteer organization. As such, member volunteers operate all aspects of the organization. Members choose how active they are according to their personal interests and time. The following are just a few ways in which members can get involved.
promote election participation
- Organize candidate forums.
- Develop voter guides.
- Engage in get-out-the-vote projects
- Register voters.
participate in league decision making
- Join an existing committee to work on important public policy issues.
- Help plan important League events.
- Propose and lead a new project or committee.
- Attend LWV-Wake’s Annual Meeting for the members.
engage in advocacy
- Contact elected officials regarding a local or state issue.
- Write a letter to the editor in support of a League position.
- Participate in the League’s annual lobby day at the NC General Assembly.
- Observe public government meetings on behalf of the League.
- Respond to action alerts from LWV-US and LWV-NC.