Resources & Tools for Members
The following resources and tools are intended to help LWV-Wake members effectively advocate on important issues, lead projects, propose new initiatives, plan League events, and otherwise assist with the operation of an all-volunteer organization. New and revised resources and tools are added to this page regularly.
Effective Meeting Tools
- Meeting Sign-In Sheet - Committee chairs are asked to use a sign-in sheet for meetings.
Project Proposal Form
Use the project proposal form to initiate a new LWV-Wake project, initiative, committee, event, etc. Feel free to contact a member of the LWV-Wake Board for advice or assistance. (The form is not required but is helpful.)
- Social Media Guidelines - Any member authorized to post to social media on behalf of LWV-Wake must follow these guidelines.
- Social Media Tutorial - Any member authorized to post or tweet on behalf of LWV-Wake must review the social media tutorial. It includes guidelines and best practices for social media communications.
- Social Media Calendar - Our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages are managed by a collaborative team of members. The social media calendar is a scheduling guide.
- Process for Developing Official Documents - This briefly describes the process for documents that are intended for distribution to the public and include the League's logo.
- Bylaws - The bylaws provide the framework for LWV-Wake's operation and management.
- Policies - The policies document contains important information on nonpartisanship guidelines, authorization to speak on behalf of the League, cooperative relationships, etc.
- Business Card Requests - This document describes the process for requesting business cards.
- Strategic Plan - The five-year strategic plan is useful to League leaders and members actively engaged in LWV-Wake activities and operations. The plan includes important organizational goals and potential strategies for achieving the goals.
- Leadership Structure - This chart illustrates the general organizational structure for coordination and communication among the League leadership.
Inclement Weather Policy
When inclement weather threatens, please consult the directives provided by the Wake County Public School System regarding the weather. If the public schools are closed due to weather, then League meetings and events scheduled for that day will be cancelled. If public school openings are delayed due to weather, then League meetings and events scheduled for that day will be held as planned.