The League of Women Voters of Wake County is a grassroots nonpartisan political organization actively working to:
- encourage informed and active participation in government.
- increase understanding of major public policy issues.
- influence public policy through education and advocacy.
LWV-Wake empowers our members to actively engage in creating positive change at the local, state, and national levels. Our work is guided by several core values.
- Nonpartisanship – A nonpartisan approach to reach consensus on public policy issues promotes objectivity and enhances the League’s credibility as an organization.
- Integrity – Integrity is central to the League’s mission and vision. It allows us to operate effectively and maintain a high level of trust among members, community, and elected officials.
- Inclusivity – The League welcomes all who are interested in joining and becoming involved.
- Thorough Analysis – The thorough analysis of public policy issues allows the League to present its positions to the community in a balanced and transparent manner.
- Volunteerism – The League is an organization where members have an equal opportunity to contribute and further its mission through a variety of volunteer activities.
- Civic Engagement – Civic engagement and participation in the democratic process are serious responsibilities and necessary to effect positive change at all levels of government.
- Empowerment through Education – Citizen empowerment and confident engagement in the political process results from a thorough knowledge of relevant public policy issues.
- Action – The League takes an action-oriented approach to promote civic engagement.
- Equality – Equality and respect for all people is a core value not only of our organization but of our democracy.
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose political parties or candidates for office. Any use of the League of Women Voters’ name or logo in campaign advertising or literature is prohibited.