- September 25th
- October 23rd
- November 13th
- Location: Meredith College, Ledford Hall, Room 101 (Ledford Auditorium)
- Who: LWV-Wake Members only
- Cost: Free + cost of reading packet
- RSVP: To sign up for this seminar series, please contact Lindsey Rojas at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are trilled to offer our seminar series "Issues Critical for the Future of North Carolina", a collaboration between the League of Women Voters of Wake County and David McLennan, Professor of Political Science at Meredith College. The purpose of the course is to enhance our knowledge of public education in North Carolina, to develop concrete action plans, and to establish a set of talking points that can guide League members when they interact with fellow citizens and elected officials. We also hope to build community within the League and to help members become more involved in their communities.
- In the first class session Professor McLennan and a guest speaker will provide an overview of the topic.
- The second class will be organized like a seminar, facilitated by Dr. McLennan. Course participants, working in small groups, will draw on what they learned from the first class and from assigned readings to discuss an important issue or case study.
- The third class will begin with a panel discussion in which guest speakers address the questions and concerns raised during the second class, and will conclude with a general discussion.
A reader will be compiled and will be available for purchase at least one week before the start of the session. Details about cost and pick-up locations will be emailed to course participants.
Registration and Attendance
This course is open only to members of the League of Women Voters of Wake County. Those who attended the seminar series in 2017-2018 are welcome to register for the new series. The course is free, but those who wish to participate have to register in advance. Attending all classes is not required, but participants should bear in mind that they will get a great deal more out of the session if they attend all three classes.
To sign up for this course, please contact Lindsey Rojas at email@example.com.
Save the Date for the Winter Seminar Series Focusing on Growth & Development!!
The Winter Seminar Series will examine the benefits and challenges of growth and development. This series will follow the same format as the education seminar series described above. The dates for those sessions are January 8th, February 12th, and March 19th. To sign up for the Winter Seminar Series, please contact Lindsey Rojas at firstname.lastname@example.org.