- When: June 28th through July 1st
- Where: Hilton Chicago - Chicago, Illinois
- Who: All interested League members are welcome to attend.
The League of Women Voters is hosting its 53rd national convention in Chicago this summer. All League members are welcome to attend but are responsible for their own expenses. When registering, make sure that you indicate that you will serve as a voting delegate for LWV of Wake County.
In addition to your participation as a voting delegate during plenary sessions on official League business such as budget, program and election of officers, there will be formal and informal gatherings for:
- Leagues to share success stories and plans for the run-up to our 100th anniversary
- Education and advocacy workshops on key program priorities
- Training modules to support critical strategic growth goals and initiatives
- Networking and celebrations at receptions, special events, and the awards banquet
Early Bird registration is $450. After June 1st the fee is $500. The room rate at the Chicago Hilton starts at $209 per night. (This is the special convention rate.) For more information, room rates, registration fees, and schedule details go to http://forum.lwv.org/category/member-resources/council-and-convention/convention-2018. Please contact Marian Lewin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.
LWV-Wake members attending the convention are responsible for their own convention expenses, but there is some LWV-Wake funding available to help defray registration costs. Download the application for a convention grant, and submit it to the LWV-Wake Treasurer, Mary Jane Slipsky. (Remember to complete both pages of the application.)