- What: Water Advocate Training
- When: Saturday, November 4th at 9:00am until 11:30am
- Where: Walnut Creek Wetlands - Walnut Creek Room
- Cost: FREE
- Sponsors: League of Women Voters of Wake County, NC Conservation Network, American Rivers, Sound Rivers, NC League of Conservation Voters, & WakeUP Wake County
Are you concerned about where water flows during heavy downpours and how to reduce urban flooding? Are you worried about the amount of pollution in our streams, rivers, and lakes? We need your help in talking with your local city council or mayor!
The NC Conservation Network, American Rivers, Sound Rivers, League of Women Voters of Wake County, NC League of Conservation Voters, and WakeUP Wake County are hosting a special Water Advocate Training focused on stormwater and green infrastructure for residents of Wake County and surrounding towns.
If you are interested in learning more about water and willing to commit to at least one meeting with your local elected officials, this workshop is for you!
We will train you and provide a coach for you to work with to set up and hold your meeting with local officials. At the workshop you will learn about:
- What 'green stormwater infrastructure' is.
- How your town can use it to protect streams, reduce flooding, increase water supplies, and improve your community.
- How residents worked with the City of Raleigh to improve its water practices.
- How to build support for green infrastructure in your town or city.
- How to setup a meeting and talk with your local officials.