The Environment Committee focuses on environmental issues impacting Wake County. Committee members explore issues related to water quality, sustainability, transit, and open space. For more information or to join this committee, contact Eve Vitaglione at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Giordano at email@example.com.
Activities of this committee are featured in the League newsletter. Listed below are recent reports and documents providing information regarding the activities of the League of Women Voters of Wake County Environment Committee. Click on the words in blue text next to the dots to download PDF files.
- Letter to the Raleigh Mayor and City Council - League of Women Voters of Wake County Statement sent to the Raleigh Mayor and City Council regarding FY2019 Proposed Water and Sewer Rate Increases - April 29, 2018.
- League of Women Voters members take on transit - Information about the Raleigh transit system, GoRaleigh, and how it ties in to a region system, GoTriangle - April 11, 2018
- Report on the progress on the development of Dix Park - Efforts by active citizens, the City of Raleigh and the Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy to develop Dorothea Dix Park - Marcee Silver, LWV-Wake Environment Committee, April 2018
- Creating livable Cities in Wake County - Focusing on storm water runoff, transportation systems and coping with lose of open space - Jane Hortelano and Jackie Giordano, LWV-Wake Environment Committee, February 2018
- Environment Committee: Active on Multiple Issues - Environment Committee has had an active fall 2017 - Eve Vitaglione, Co-Chair, Environment Committee, December 2017