The Environment Committee focuses on environmental issues impacting Wake County. Committee members explore issues related to water quality, sustainability, transit, and open space. For more information or to join this committee, contact Eve Vitaglione at email@example.com or Jackie Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities of this committee are featured in the League newsletter. Listed below are recent reports and documents providing information regarding the activities of the League of Women Voters of Wake County Environment Committee. Click on the words in blue text next to the dots to download PDF files.
- RDU Airport Land Use - This press release summarizes LWV-Wake's concerns regarding potential use of land near the RDU airport.
- Letter to the Raleigh Mayor and City Council - League of Women Voters of Wake County Statement sent to the Raleigh Mayor and City Council regarding FY2019 Proposed Water and Sewer Rate Increases - April 29, 2018.
- League of Women Voters members take on transit - Information about the Raleigh transit system, GoRaleigh, and how it ties in to a region system, GoTriangle - April 11, 2018
- Report on the progress on the development of Dix Park - Efforts by active citizens, the City of Raleigh and the Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy to develop Dorothea Dix Park - Marcee Silver, LWV-Wake Environment Committee, April 2018
- Creating livable Cities in Wake County - Focusing on storm water runoff, transportation systems and coping with lose of open space - Jane Hortelano and Jackie Giordano, LWV-Wake Environment Committee, February 2018
- Environment Committee: Active on Multiple Issues - Environment Committee has had an active fall 2017 - Eve Vitaglione, Co-Chair, Environment Committee, December 2017
[Simply click on the blue text to access PDF documents.]
Conservation & Environmental Resources - This one-page sheet lists other organizations with useful resources.
Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) at a Glance - This two-page handout summarizes the benefits of GSI.
[Resources are regularly developed and updated. Please continue to check back for useful information.]